Who We Are
At Cornmarket, we look after the financial wellbeing of public servants and their families. We’ve been focused on public sector employees for over 50 years, learning how to bring our clients the best financial services – from car, home, health and life insurance, to income protection, retirement planning and beyond.
We are looking for a Health Insurance Sales Advisors to join our New Business Team. Health Advisors identify our customers’ needs via telephone and advise upon Health Insurance plans accordingly. The goal of this role is to formulate strong relationships with Cornmarket's clients to ensure the continuous growth of the Health Insurance Department. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to begin a career in financial services.
This is a target driven role in a busy sales environment. Health Insurance Advisors will also be expected to sit and pass health insurance exams and to achieve qualification in line with the minimum competency code as set out by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Accountabilities of the Role
- Generating sales of health insurance policies
- Interacting with all clients over the phone in a friendly, professional, and timely manner
- Dealing with customer complaints swiftly and in line with agreed practices and procedures
- Meeting targets for call activity by converting call enquires into quotations
- Nurturing customer quotations and converting these quoataions into policies
- Meeting lead/renewal date capture targets for other departments in Cornmarket by asking the appropriate questions. E.G. Personal Insurance department Motor and Home renewal dates
- Complying with risk control and regulatory requirements relevant to this role
- Maintaining awareness of the health insurance market and product changes and developments. This is achieved through training and support from management team
- Working towards the achievement of the APA accreditation as required under the MCC
- Being flexible and adaptable to tother ad hoc duties and projects as they arise
Skills & Knowledge Required
- APA exams desired but not essential (must be willing to work towards achieving exams if not already qualified)
- Previous experience of working in customer focused or sales environment is essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a strong drive to succeed within a sales environment
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- High level of attention to detail
- Time management and organisational skills
- Excellent PC skills
- Knowledge of risk control & regulatory environment
- Commercial awareness
What We Can Offer You?
- Overall on target earnings €33,000
- Flexible working from home options as part of our Cornmarket Flex ways of working
- Significant investments in your professional development (e.g. insurance qualifications, professional qualifications relevant to your role)
- Annual leave (increases based on service)
- Flexi leave (option to take additional annual leave)
- Attractive & flexible pension contribution rates
- Health insurance or wellness subsidy
- Fully paid family leave types (maternity/paternity/surrogacy)
- Performance based bonus/commission
- Income protection
- Life cover
- Discounts on financial products
- Comprehensive health & wellbeing programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Active Sports & Social Club
Behavioural Competencies Required
- Flexibility & adaptability
- Drive for results
- Target Driven
This role is a ‘controlled function’ as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that the appointee meets the requirements as set out in the Fitness and Probity standards issued by the Central Bank. This requires the company to complete prescribed due diligence to assess the appointee’s fitness and probity.
Equal Opportunities & Data Privacy Notice
Cornmarket is committed to building an inclusive workplace environment, We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, striving to create a welcoming environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, disability, ethnic background, family status, gender identify or expression, marital status, membership of the Traveller Community, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation.
We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team (Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org).
To review our data use practices, visit our Recruitment Data Privacy Notice.